The Special Children’s Trust is a charity organization based in Kampala, Uganda, East Africa. We have both CBO (Community Based Organization) and NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) status.
CBO Reg No: NAK/11/065
NGO Reg No: S.5914/9715
The Trust was created as an umbrella organization for the projects and efforts started by Miss Namaganda Florence, who is one of the founders and directors of Mukisa foundation and Dawn Special Children’s Centre, and several other efforts for children with disabilities in Uganda. The aim is to link these organizations so as to:
1. To promote quality care for children with special needs by providing the necessary information about available services, and funding for operations, assistive devices and any other that may be needed to achieve this objective.
2. To demystify disability through information dissemination, awareness campaigns and training for carers and families of children with special needs.
3. To promote inclusion of children with special needs into regular schools and ensure that they access quality education according their abilities.
4. To build the capacity of people working with children with special needs such as Medical workers, therapists, carers, vision bearers through trainings, information dissemination and resource mobilization.
5. To create a network of likeminded organizations so as to provide support, prevent duplication and improve quality of services available for children with special needs.
6. To provide a platform for the children, parents, and organizations working with children who have special needs to advocate for the rights and issues of children with disabilities in Uganda.